Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Time!!!


The kids' last day of school was Friday!!!
We celebrated by going to a neighborhood root beer float party
and then hiking at Willow River State Park. 


 Grant and Miya feeding the geese. These geese were NOT shy--they'd try to take the bread right out of their hands.
Made me nervous...
 Garrett showing me his number scroll on the last day of school.
He got to 7,000-something and was proud to have the longest scroll in his class! 
Shayla is ready for the summer!

Ty had his 5th grade graduation--look out Middle School, here he comes!
He got to share some memories of his grade school days and it made me a little sad that he is growing up so fast and a lot proud to hear what he had to say. I thought i'd include his speech here at the end, for the grandparents (I did record it, but somehow it got deleted off of my phone :(

"Through my elementary years I have achieved many goals, and there are many more that I am still striving for. I hope I've shown enough respect to all my wonderful teachers who have helped me reach my goals. Such as ones as little as learning my A,B,C's. My teachers have all helped shape the character I'm today. They've taught me to be respectful, to never give up, and to always think of others first. I hope I can share these characteristics with others someday.
One of my first memories was going to the apple orchard with my wonderful kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Sexe. I remember how proud I was to be picking my own apples. I remember how crisp and juicy the mouthwatering apples tasted! My first grade teacher Mrs. Baumann was one amazing first grade teacher. I remember the bunk bed Mrs. Baumann had. I thought it was so cool! I wasn't here in second grade but I still had an awesome teacher Mrs. Amorelli at River Crest. I can't forget my third grade teacher Mrs. Frydach. She was so patient with me. I remember fourth grade very vividly. Our class talked a lot! I was one of the kids who talked a lot. And I'm still working on that. But Mrs. Ida always kept a great attitude. 
One of my last memories from my elementary school is Camp St. Croix! It was an action packed three days. Full of rock climbing, hiking, delicious food, and many bonding experiences. Mrs. Shimon made fifth grade my favorite year by far because of her exuberant attitude, and loving heart. Elementary school is a blast and it will forever have a special impact on my life." by Tyler K. Hacking

No comments: