Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Shayla!

 Shayla - 6 months old. She used to do this intense head-tilt when flirting with her Dad.
Shayla turned 9 today! My, how she has grown! This is her just a few days old.

What we love about Shayla:

Dad: Shayla is a great friend, very nice and inclusive, an overall great friend to have.
Mom: Shayla has a beautiful smile and a very kind heart. love you!
Ty: I like that Shayla cares for others, plays with those who are sad and feels bad when i get in trouble.
Garrett: I like that Shayla protects me.
Grant: Shayla helps me when I get hurt
Miya: a my dis my dis my dis puppy. (anyone want to take a stab at an interpretation?!!)

 Breakfast in bed
 Crepes with strawberries and chocolate pudding
 Fashion bag to personalize with markers for our crafty girl
 Modeling one of the new shirts Grandma W gave her
 Making a wish--Shayla LOVES donuts, not cake. 
Shayla loves to be dramatic and funny and recently performed in the school production of Cinderella. She was an "adorable pumpkin" and did a fabulous job--can you just feel her enthusiasm?
We love you, Shayla!

3 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

Cannot believe she is NINE! Wow- what a beautiful young lady. Love little Miss Shayla!

Emily said...

We love you Shayla! Happy Birthday! PS - I'm lovin' chocolate pudding for breakfast.

Holly said...

Happy Belated Birthday Shayla! We love you!