Monday, March 23, 2009

Gratitude


"In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful,
but gratefulness that makes us happy." --David Steindl Rast

I'm going to shamelessly copy some I know who do a weekly gratitude post. I have so much to be thankful for. I truly believe that what we focus on becomes who we are, so as we focus on the beautiful and positive in our lives, we become just that. The same goes for the negative.

Today I'm thankful for good friends who brought us dinner yesterday when I had a round with a 24-hr flu bug. And other friends who brought brownies just to say hi and let us know they were thinking about us. I feel 100% better today, and am hoping the bug stops with me.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love that idea to post a gratitude post. I am sorry that you were sick. I am glad you are feeling better now. That is one of the perks of feeling nasty though is to have such great friends. I am glad they helped to take care of you.

Emily said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! (So, does that make Trevor the lone survivor?) :)