Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Garrett-isms...


So Garrett is three, and what a fun age that is! Tonight at dinner everyone was telling stories, so he said, "I have a story. Once upon a time there was a boy walking down the street. And then he met a chicken. The end."
Hilarious little guy, isn't he? I guess when you are three, you can say anything and it is funny.
Here are some of my favorite things he has said lately:
  • After receiving the pink cup, instead of the blue cup he wanted he said, "You get what you get, and then you trade!" (the real saying is "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.")
  • After helping me make dinner, while eating together he announced, "You guys need to tell me, 'thanks for dinner, Garret.'" (I think he's heard that one from me before :)
  • I turned on the microwave, and Garrett looked around for the source of the noise. "What was that?!! Oh, it was just the microphone." (Later I told Tyler what Garrett had said, he overheard me, laughed sheepishly and said, "Yeah, I should have said micro...whatever it is."

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay, I'm glad your comments are back on! I thought you had turned them off for a reason :)

But I loved this post about Grant. He is such a doll. Especially the "you guys should say thanks for making dinner..."

Angie said...

I wish you guys were closer so Garret and Hyrum could play...they would have a blast together!